Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Rare Gwendoline Poster Appears!

One film I worship is Just Jaeckin's Gwendoline, also known as The Perils of Gwendoline in the Land of Yik-Yak, very loosely based on John Willie's S&M comic Sweet Gwendoline. Jaeckin is best known for 1974's Emmanuelle, which was pretty huge and launched infinite films starring Emmanuelle (and often spelled Emanuelle), which in most circles is probably more popularly known as the bundle of Italian films featuring exploitation goddess Laura Gemser. I liked Jaeckin's; it's pretty, and I'm sure this is fault of the source material that I haven't read, but also a bit, eh... rapey--or totally liberating, in bonkers 70's film world. I've preferred the Gemser stuff, which doesn't shy away from its absolutely exploitation elements; it very much knows what it is, without any pretentions that some old dude drummed up about getting fucked against your will. The 70's!

But I digress! I don't collect many post variants, because Crom knows I already own way too goddamn many, with only a meager percentage of those actually christened upon my walls. But I snag up interesting Gwendoline ones when I can, because as I said, I absolutely adore it--and put them on my walls!

I've never seen this one at all, and whomever purchased it obviously hadn't either because it disappeared as I got the ebay notification within the day off surfacing. I'm pretty heartbroken I didn't get it. Just looking at it pulls my heart strings and stings with regret! $47 bucks is a bit up there for me--but it's Zabou! I assume this was some sort of promotional thing, with individual snaps taken from this other poster I've been after--and did get from the same seller!--so that's exciting, at least. But guhhhhh, I want this.

Oh well. Here's to hoping another appears someday in the future. For now just documenting since I haven't seen another online ever, ebay or otherwise.


No comments:

Post a Comment